Tabitha

GobbeldyBook Reviews

My opinions!!

Friend-zoned (Friend-Zoned, #1)

Friend-Zoned - Belle Aurora So, it's chic lit, the romance is a no-brainer. There were a couple surprises and plot directions I didn't expect though. I really loved the characters. The friendships and bantering were the highlight of the book for me. I would recommend this book to anyone looking for an enjoyable, entertaining, laugh-out-loud read. With all that said, there was some serious, glaring problems I had with the writing itself. There were many areas that "I" began every sentence. Then the sentences were short, so it read like..."I can run. I can jump. I can barely get through reading this paragraph". The other thing that annoyed me immensely was the leading lady would have a thought, "I love it". Then she would say the exact same thought out loud in the next line, "I croaked,'I love it." This happened quite a few times in the book. Now, anyone reading this may wonder how I could give 4-stars to a book that I had such criticism for. The truth is, I still really liked the book. The self-published author should improve on or expand her "editors"/reading group, but other than that, I think Ms. Aurora has a winning series on her hand.